Real Estate Law
Whether you are buying or selling commercial or residential real estate, it is important the transaction be handled correctly from start to finish.
With an in-depth knowledge of laws governing landlords and tenants, leasing, development, zoning, purchasing, selling and closing transactions, attorney Mikel J. Hoffman can help ensure your transaction goes smoothly.
Commercial Real Estate Matters
Mikel J. Hoffman P.C. can assist buyers, sellers, landlords and tenants by providing a range of services related to commercial real estate. Services include:
- Representing buyers and sellers in negotiations for purchase and/or lease transactions for commercial warehouse, retail, industrial, office, restaurants, hotels, shopping malls, apartment or condo buildings, and other commercial structures
- Drafting documents related to purchases and sales to ensure they accurately reflect your wishes
- Reviewing, providing assistance with and helping you understand commercial real estate financing agreements and transactions
- Drafting and reviewing commercial real estate leases and amendments thereto, to protect your interests
- Representing you in disputes related to purchases, sales or lease transactions for commercial properties
Residential Real Estate Transactions
When you are buying or selling a piece of residential real estate, that transaction represents a significant investment. Working with a knowledgeable real estate attorney can help you make sure your interests are protected and that the transaction is handled with the care it deserves. Attorney Mikel J. Hoffman helps clients with residential real estate matters, including:
- Assistance with buying or selling single family homes, duplexes, townhomes, condominium units or co-operative units, including preparing and reviewing contracts, deeds and other documents to protect your best interest, and representing and advising you throughout the transaction
- Advising clients on potential issues with real estate, including chain-of-title concerns, liens, judgments, restrictive covenants, easements and other types of encumbrances that could impact a purchase or sales transaction and interfere with enjoyment of the property
- Helping buyers understand and navigate residential real estate financing transactions
- Helping you navigate zoning, development and construction laws that may impact your property
- Developing and reviewing residential lease agreements designed to protect your interests, whether you are the landlord or the tenant
- Representing you in litigation matters including title disputes, boundary issues, restrictive covenants, easements, construction disputes, partition actions, adverse possession claims, and more
Choose an Experienced Real Estate Attorney to Help With Your Transaction
Real estate transactions are too large, and too important, to leave to chance. If you are buying or selling one piece of property or are an investor with multiple transactions on your plate, you need an experienced, skilled real estate attorney on your side, helping to protect your interests - and your investment.
The Babylon, NY law firm of Mikel J. Hoffman P.C. has more than 32 years of experience helping make sure clients' purchases, sales, leases, dispute resolution and other legal matters for commercial and residential real estate are handled professionally, from start to finish.
To find out more about the firm's real estate practice and to schedule a free, no-obligation initial consultation, contact attorney Mikel J. Hoffman today at (631) 661-2121, or complete our online contact form.